POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : #version directive : Re: #version directive Server Time
29 Apr 2024 15:07:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: #version directive
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 8 Feb 2018 14:30:00
Message: <web.5a7ca42dc5234a59c437ac910@news.povray.org>
#version version;

// THEN:

#ifdef(software_version)
  #version software_version;
#else
  #version 3.7;
#end

The idea being that you can always access the actual software version, even if
you haven't "stored" the value in another variable.

It sounds to me like #version MyVersion "overwrites" this value, and it is then
lost.

I'm also writing this from the perspective that there will big changes when 4.0
gets written from the ground up, and I gathered that the whole
backwards-compatibility thing might be scrapped at that point.