POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : How to set the texture of the tiles like in this post? : Re: How to set the texture of the tiles like in this post? Server Time
23 Apr 2024 05:44:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to set the texture of the tiles like in this post?
From: mathzhaoliang
Date: 7 Feb 2018 21:30:00
Message: <web.5a7bb5725130315ecee47e5f0@news.povray.org>

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3C4edaf05f@news.povray.org%3E/

> > I could compute all the coordinates of the rhombus, but I dont know how to set
> > the texture of the floor like the ones in the link. Can anyone help me with
> > this?
> >

> It use the tiling number 25. This is a 6 colour pattern.
> You need to provide a colour_map with 12 entries : 6 for the faces of
> the tiles and 6 for the grout or space between the faces.
> You may omit the grout entry if you want.
> If you skip some entries, then you'll get faces with the same colour.
>
> Something like this :
> colour_map{
>   [0   rgb<1,0,0>][1/6-0.001 rgb 0]
>   [1/6 rgb<0,1,0>][2/6-0.001 rgb 0]
>   [2/6 rgb<0,0,1>][3/6-0.001 rgb 0]
>   [3/6 rgb<1,1,0>][4/6-0.001 rgb 0]
>   [4/6 rgb<1,0,1>][5/6-0.001 rgb 0]
>   [5/6 rgb<0,1,1>][0.999 rgb 0]
> }

My problem is not with the tiling pattern, I have a program that calculates the
coordinates for me. I want to reproduce the texture of the ciremic floors. As a
newbie to pov I just don't know how to set the finish params to get effects lik
e that.