POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Undefined variables : Re: Undefined variables Server Time
25 Apr 2024 00:04:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Undefined variables
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 5 Feb 2018 18:10:00
Message: <web.5a78e3f58fda426b5cafe28e0@news.povray.org>

> But I don't want to *always* pass a value to the macro. Is there a way
> to pass a "null" or "nil" value to the macro, and then check for it
> using a conditional statement?

I know what you mean.
I just came up with this idea 5 sec ago:

What if you "always" pass a vector to the macro - one that is reset to default
"null" values, and then you can re-#declare the vector before  calling the macro
with the vector as an argument.

That way the vector need not always have the same number of components, but it's
always ONE vector.