POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: Chipboard Texture : Re: Chipboard Texture Server Time
27 Apr 2024 22:42:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Chipboard Texture
From: Kenneth
Date: 30 Jan 2018 17:30:00
Message: <web.5a70f1aeeeb2419da47873e10@news.povray.org>
> "Kontemplator" <haf### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
>
> > Ahhhh, you mean that cheap version... Maybe I'll try someting new.
>
> Well...
> I think what you were thinking of is called "MDF" which is small granular bits
> of wood.
>
> OSB is "coarse" and is used as structural sheathing, and I must say I've been
> impressed by its strength and resilience to the elements.  As crappy as it
> looks, it's a pretty highly engineered sheet.

And then there's cheap 'particleboard'-- lind of like MDF but with larger wood
sawdust grains. That stuff is OK when dry-- but get it wet and you can punch
your fist through it.

I assume OSB is what I call 'chip board'-- larger roughly-triangular (or
odd-shaped) chunks or slices of wood, pressed and glued together randomly. Off
the top of my head, I'm thinking that some kind of (sophisticated) crackle or
facets pigment/pattern would be a way to go.

In the image, I'm seeing what look like un-wanted moire patterns on the right
side...