POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: Chipboard Texture : Re: Chipboard Texture Server Time
28 Apr 2024 08:43:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Chipboard Texture
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 30 Jan 2018 13:25:00
Message: <web.5a70b786eeb2419dc437ac910@news.povray.org>
"Kontemplator" <haf### [at] yahoocom> wrote:

> Ahhhh, you mean that cheap version... Maybe I'll try someting new.

Well...
I think what you were thinking of is called "MDF" which is small granular bits
of wood.

OSB is "coarse" and is used as structural sheathing, and I must say I've been
impressed by its strength and resilience to the elements.  As crappy as it
looks, it's a pretty highly engineered sheet.

I gave Alain's suggestion a go yesterday, and I pretty much got the same thing
I've ended up with in previous experiments.  Maybe it's a matter of fine tuning
the textures or the crackle pattern...  I don't really know.