POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : POVTONS - weekly update : Re: POVTONS - weekly update Server Time
27 Apr 2024 14:44:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVTONS - weekly update
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 21 Jan 2018 20:05:01
Message: <web.5a6538955dfcbe825cafe28e0@news.povray.org>
"Kontemplator" <haf### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> Thanks for all the comments so far.
> At the moment I am working on the railings in the staircase. I thought it would
> be easier, but I did not get very far with CSG. Did you ever shear a slice of a
> round box differenced by a round box? Finally, I used the prism object. I use
> Inkscape for the splines but it took a while to find the right points. Mabye I
> am getting faster if I see the deadline comming. :)

Very nice work on the stairs - doing a brief search, I believe I used
http://www.f-lohmueller.de/pov_tut/objects/obj_150e.htm
as a base, and made whatever modifications I needed for my specific purpose.

For spline points, I usually use VISIO, or EPSpline, which was developed
specifically for use with POV-Ray.

https://agalena.nfshost.com/b1/software/epspline-prism-and-lathe-editor/

Keep up the good work!  :)