POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : POVTONS - weekly update : Re: POVTONS - weekly update Server Time
27 Apr 2024 12:06:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVTONS - weekly update
From: Kontemplator
Date: 15 Jan 2018 09:35:00
Message: <web.5a5cbad15dfcbe827d3e13010@news.povray.org>

> I like the progress you've made so far.
> How many frames were in the original animation, and how long did the frames take
> to render?

Thanks, there are 600 frames at 25fps. Rendertime varies from 30 sec to 3min per
frame at a resolution of 360p. I'm in doubt, should I use 480p or go to 720p for
the final version. There is a priority to these question because a higher
resolution requires more details and accuracy in modelling the objects.

> What 3rd party tool are you using to make your mpg?

I use ffmpeg in combination with some powershell scripts. So it's only one click
to encode the whole thing.

> I really like the concrete texture you're using for the right and left walls.
> Your own?

It's only a imagemap. I used a photo I made years ago and combined these in "The
Gimp" with a picture of a dirty chalkboard to make it more irregular.

> I look forward to seeing your progress, and reading about what you learn along
> the way!
>
> (You might consider, for your developmental work, adding a small data panel that
> lists date, version, filename, frame number, and any other details like texture
> variations that might be helpful for debugging, commenting, and referring to
> along the way.)

Thanks for the advise. I'll keep these in mind because my programming style is
more than messy.