POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : it's not about photons... : Re: it's not about photons... Server Time
4 May 2024 05:26:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: it's not about photons...
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 7 Jan 2018 15:00:01
Message: <web.5a527c037e154b365cafe28e0@news.povray.org>

http://news.povray.org/*/attachment/%3Cweb.5a525c2aa608280b5cafe28e0%40news.povray.org%3E/radius-at-intersection.pn

> Thanks Bald Eagle for the explanation. I read these geometric wisdoms and i
> remembered my math final examination. I disgrace myself but the theme was "all i
> know about the circle". Maybe it comes back if I don't need it.

Nah, it took me a lot of struggling and remembering / relearning all of things I
either forgot or never really learned the first time around.
At this point, I've been doing trig regularly for a couple of years, so the
calculations, and more importantly, the logic behind WHAT I need to do comes a
lot more quickly.

More often than I'd like, I still find myself calculating around in ... circles.

I hope your scene is coming along nicely.

I like your light effects - they're mapped photons, not media?