POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Uberpov persistent feature for animation of big scene : Re: Uberpov persistent feature for animation of big scene Server Time
23 Apr 2024 21:28:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Uberpov persistent feature for animation of big scene
From: Kenneth
Date: 7 Jan 2018 00:40:00
Message: <web.5a51b2006e53ffa4a47873e10@news.povray.org>

> I presume you mean something like this:
>
>     #ifndef(MyBigFatUnion)
>       #define Blah = ...
>       #define Dunno = ...
[clip]

Uh... #define? I couldn't find that in the docs. A UNIX thing maybe??

I'm guessing that you mean...

#ifndef(MyBigFatUnion)
#declare Blah = ...
#declare Dunno = ...

I do see what you mean, though-- that the #declare-d things (#declared within
the #ifndef block) need to come *before* the #persistent union{...} of those
things.

I was somehow thinking that the following kind of construct would work instead,
and still be 'persistent' (although it's a strange example, I admit-- I wouldn't
normally put #declares within a union)...

#ifndef(FOO)
#persistent FOO =
union{
#declare TEX_1 = texture{...}
#declare MY_BOX = box{0,1}
object{MY_BOX texture{TEX_1}
....similar stuff...
#end

object{FOO}

My guess is that the inner #declares are NOT 'persistent', even though they are
wrapped in a #persistent block. (Assuming that my crazy union even works at
all!!)