POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Procedural realistic mountain ranges? : Re: Procedural realistic mountain ranges? Server Time
1 May 2024 21:49:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Procedural realistic mountain ranges?
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 1 Jan 2018 21:00:01
Message: <web.5a4ae6e37060b5205cafe28e0@news.povray.org>
"Leroy" <whe### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> I know I have a problem
> with updating to newer versions of windows. Its not only the cost.

I can't ever remember when i actually paid for a copy of the OS, unless it was
part of the cost of the bundle with the brand new computer itself.

> Nor the time
> and effort getting everything back to usable.

Yeah - 'cause those software developer guys have to changing everything to make
it "better"   :D

> Maybe I'm just getting old.

Pfft.  Don't know what you're talking about.   NOBODY here is old.
Probably just forgot to take your medication this morning.   Or up the dose.
;)

> My first 'computer' was commodore Vic20, then the
> 64, and finally the IBM desk top with Win3.1 on it. That IBM I upgraded over the
> years until I have an all new computer!

I started with a Timex Sinclair 1000, then I got a VIC-20 (which I loved), sold
that and got an Atari 800 XL, and then it wasn't until years later that I got an
HP desktop.  My first upgrade was to an impossibly huge 640 MB HDD  :D   "You'll
NEVER fill that!"

> But I can't see
> upgrading an operating system every year, or two, or three.

Indeed.  Especially since sometimes the new one really really sucks.