POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : using the CUBIC pattern with image_maps : Re: using the CUBIC pattern with image_maps Server Time
4 May 2024 04:20:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: using the CUBIC pattern with image_maps
From: Kenneth
Date: 29 Dec 2017 13:05:01
Message: <web.5a46828f1231bd0289df8d30@news.povray.org>

> Thanks for the information! On my list to try such a set up while
> creating my df3 cubic maps.

The 'internal volume' of the textured cube is quite interesting, as I discovered
while doing some CSG-differencing tests. Each of the six cube faces is actually
a volumetric pyramid, with the apexs all meeting at the center of the cube. Kind
of strange, but logical. If I understand df3s, that would present a visual
problem.

But I'm working out a way around that oddity, essentially by substituting some
duplicated/reversed textures-- so that there are only THREE continuous
non-pyramidal volumetric textures throughout the cube, oriented in x,y and z.
That should solve the df3 problem (and my intended CSG use.) Working on it now;
will post the updated code asap.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'cubic_pattern_csg_test.jpg' (984 KB)

Preview of image 'cubic_pattern_csg_test.jpg'
cubic_pattern_csg_test.jpg