POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Help to set this product on Pov-Ray : Re: Help to set this product on Pov-Ray Server Time
3 May 2024 19:05:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help to set this product on Pov-Ray
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 25 Dec 2017 20:45:00
Message: <web.5a41a8ff9a3fbe025cafe28e0@news.povray.org>
"Pablo" <Pab### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
I tried to do as a sphere sweep with 4 spheres
> that I calculated with a b_spline or cubic but the result it gave me hasn't no
> sense because it started and ended in someplace i haven't understand so i have
> decided to put a linear spline temporary until I have the correct texture and
> solve the problem with the sphere sweep.

You need to remember that those types of splines need extra points which don't
visibly show up in the sphere sweep.

hit F1 and look up the cubic_spline tutorial in the documentation.

Just add an extra point to the beginning and end (copy the start and finish
points, maybe shift them slightly) and that ought to get you started.

I often use VISO to design such shapes, but you can probably use any graphics
program that will give you the pixel location of the mouse pointer, and there is
also

https://agalena.nfshost.com/b1/software/epspline-prism-and-lathe-editor/

which you might find useful in the future.