POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Help to set this product on Pov-Ray : Re: Help to set this product on Pov-Ray Server Time
3 May 2024 20:47:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help to set this product on Pov-Ray
From: Pablo
Date: 25 Dec 2017 19:55:00
Message: <web.5a419c199a3fbe02255e9bf00@news.povray.org>
> Hi Alain,
>
> I gave that a whirl, and needed to modify it a bit to get it to work.
>
> Not sure if I'm getting the same shape as you're suggesting.
>

> #include "functions.inc"
>
> #declare F_Ribs =
> function {
>  pattern {
>   radial
>   frequency 10 sine_wave
>  }
> }
>
> #declare Central = isosurface {
>  function {f_sphere (x*(y/2+1.00001), y, z*(y/2+1.00001), 1)
>  + F_Ribs (x*(y/2+1.000011), 0, z*(y/2+1.000011)) -0.3
>  }
>  threshold 0
>  accuracy 0.0001
>  max_gradient 145
>  contained_by {box {<-1,-1,-1>*2, < 1, 1, 1>*2}}
>  scale <1, -3, 1>
> }

I tried too with the way you propose, Alain, but I have to say that I see it
more difficult so I decided to continue the Bald Eagle's one. I whink I almost
have it, the have the central part but now, my issue (what I thought that would
be the easiest part)is the legs: I tried to do as a sphere sweep with 4 spheres
that I calculated with a b_spline or cubic but the result it gave me hasn't no
sense because it started and ended in someplace i haven't understand so i have
decided to put a linear spline temporary until I have the correct texture and
solve the problem with the sphere sweep. So I think I have the most work done
(thank of you, Alain and Bald Eagle <3!haha)I am postings the resultsi have by
now but I will post the final result when I will have it