POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Gem cuts preview : Re: Gem cuts preview Server Time
6 May 2024 04:54:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gem cuts preview
From: Mr
Date: 13 Dec 2017 03:55:00
Message: <web.5a30ea441b2dab2a16086ed00@news.povray.org>
> I was working on a gem cuts module for the Object Collection when
> Hurricane Irma struck.  The module was essentially finished, but
> required testing and documentation.
>
> Alas, I have made very little progress in the past 3 months, and while I
> am in Florida, I prioritized other things.  Like finishing an online
> backup (also interrupted by Irma) and catching up on YouTube.  Rather
> than upload a partially tested module with incomplete documentation, or
> trying to rush everything to completion in the short time I have (a sure
> recipe for a broken module), I'll just leave this sneak preview.
>
> It occurred to me there may be a non-zero probability of being able to
> upload the module via my phone.  I'll try that later; however, even if I
> succeed, I won't be able to post a notice to the newsgroups until I get
> home Internet back.

Courage for the hacking... If you do manage to commit (to GIT?) from an android
phone, I would be interested to know how.

The image is promissing, but too bright:
is gamma correct?
are albedo and conserve_energy used?
are specular / mirror intensity values realistic ones?
with darker lighting and a more punctual one, caustics will contrast more.