POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: Cloud Surface : Re: Cloud Surface Server Time
1 Jul 2024 00:11:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cloud Surface
From: omniverse
Date: 27 Nov 2017 22:40:00
Message: <web.5a1cda069a2a53c19c5d6c810@news.povray.org>
Sven Littkowski <I### [at] SvenLittkowskiname> wrote:
> Thanks!
>
> Besides, what does "exentricity" do? Can't find it in the help file...

Glad to help.

Well, if spelled right... LOL
Sorry, I'm just being funny because I had seen the talk about language
translation-- obviously not about spelling. Anyway...

It's only used for media scattering type 5 and is for alignment changes of light
sources. So eccentricity 0 scatters light in all directions (like isotropic or
type 1), while 1 or -1 is oriented with light_source(s). Positive number is
toward light, negative away from light.

Online help link:

http://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:Media_Types