POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: Cloud Surface : Re: Cloud Surface Server Time
1 Jul 2024 00:54:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cloud Surface
From: omniverse
Date: 27 Nov 2017 20:30:00
Message: <web.5a1cbb5c9a2a53c19c5d6c810@news.povray.org>
Alain <kua### [at] videotronca> wrote:

> > That image really looks almost like a dream!!! Congrats! Absolutely
> > impressive!
> >
> > I think, when I adapt this scene (thanks also a lot for your scene
> > code), I will make the orange distance haze less high but more dense so
> > the planet cannot be seen through. I will try to remove the green lower
> > edge of the orange haze. But other than that, your scene is PERFECT!
> >
> > ERROR ALERT
> >
> > When trying to render your scene, POV-Ray errors with the message of a
> > missing } in front of the word "eccentricity". Can you correct that error?
> >
> > My initial wish was, when i would have finished that scene, to make it
> > available to all POV-Ray users, even offering it as a ready-to-insert
> > scene code. But with all the great POV-Ray community members that helped
> > me so much with their own code, I feel like I have to ask them for their
> > permission. I will do that, when my scene is complete.
> >

> It was commented out, but the line got wraped at the wrong place when
> posting.
>
> Remove eccentricity or add // in front of it.

Thanks Alain! Yes, sorry, I had to wait to see the scene posted so I didn't know
it had line wrapped. You will get accustomed to that if you look at more of
these text scene postings!  ;-)
Wrong line wrap is (mostly) okay, just a mess to read. It's those commented
parts that will error.

Wish you good luck adjusting the color bands of the atmosphere. I couldn't get
it any better myself after a couple hours so I gave up trying anymore. I think
it's because of the gradient y mixed with spherical warp, not really sure.
Just that every time I moved the index values it changed in ways (both altitude
AND color!) I wasn't able to get correct like I wanted.

And then there's that obscuring the background or shadowed objects with media...
I've always had trouble it. I hope you get it done!

Bob