POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Clothed in light. : Re: Not Clothed in light. So partial nudity Server Time
18 May 2024 11:30:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Not Clothed in light. So partial nudity
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 16 Nov 2017 10:10:00
Message: <web.5a0daa1896756879c437ac910@news.povray.org>

> HDRI illumination is just a poor man's substitute for a proper scene.

Indeed - but so many of us are poor - we have pockets empty of silver, jingling
round-tuits.

> So
> if you already have a complete room, there's no point in using HDRI for
> illumination.

Well...
I might not go that far - I thought that the whole idea with a light probe was
the high dynamic range.
Perhaps there's a way to achieve the same effect with a "proper scene" - but I'd
probably need a tutorial.

> (As a matter of fact it would be counter-productive, as it
> would illuminate the objects in a way that wouldn't match the scenes.)

True, but I was thinking that there were warehouse HDRI's out there that might
be roughly equivalent to the dance studio.

Also - some of the best images are often the least "realistic".