POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Clothed in light. : Re: Not Clothed in light. So partial nudity Server Time
18 May 2024 09:53:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Not Clothed in light. So partial nudity
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 16 Nov 2017 06:45:01
Message: <web.5a0d79d4967568795cafe28e0@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:

> Thanks but you are not seeing it from this side of the screen. *

Our hidden cameras see EVERYTHING.
Now get back to desk and continue laboring.

> Here is a close up as changing the eyes in Poser was the only change I
> made there.
> FYI the female model is a low res one. I don't think it even uses an
> image map for the body. So if I wanted more detail I would change it in
> Poser. Besides I don't want to get distracted by looking at the model. ;-)

And the tip of the sword has disappeared - obviously a green screen.
"GIRL WITH WINGS BRANDISHED SWORD IN DANCE STUDIO"
Fake news to forward the agenda to disarm scantily clad females.

> > I'm sure some of us have some slightly richer looking wood floor macros lying
> > about. ;)
> >
> As I implied to Thomas. The studio is a very old scene. At least ten
> years old if I made it in Moray. So any contributions are welcome. :-)

I'll see what I can isolate from the Secret Passage scene.
You'd think there would be a well developed wood floor macro or include file -
and having had to write the code to make an acceptable wood floor, I can see why
there might not be one.

> > Is there a way to light the room with HDRI?
> > Maybe just surround the room with one and add no_shadow?
>
> I'm not too keen on that idea. I don't think it would work with three
> walls of mirrors.

I think you miss my point -
I was thinking about using the HDR _only_ as a light source - the image wouldn't
be visible in the scene at all (unless you had windows).
I have very little experience with HDR, so perhaps someone could comment on how
that might best be implemented, if at all.

> * I have no idea why in this image the wings and clothes did not show.
> With the render time they should have been there.

Because media.
That's why media drives me crazy.

> I had two other unexpected results yesterday that has set me back a bit.

And that's always the case, isn't it - there's always _something_ to start a
cascade of stumbling blocks.