POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Transparent PNGs : Re: Transparent PNGs Server Time
4 May 2024 15:41:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Transparent PNGs
From: Kenneth
Date: 11 Nov 2017 16:40:01
Message: <web.5a0769a0c5de9ff489df8d30@news.povray.org>
Sven Littkowski <I### [at] SvenLittkowskiname> wrote:

> Everything is working 100% now.
>

> > ---SCENE-------------------------------------------------------
snip]
> #include "textures.inc"
>
> #declare UpperOar = texture
> {
>  DMFDarkOak
>  pigment { color rgb < 0.3686275,  0.4509804,  0.2509804 > }
>  normal { wood 0.5 scale 0.3 turbulence 0.1 }
>  finish { phong 1 }
>  rotate< 90.0, 0.0, 0.0 >
>  scale 0.25
> }

It looks like you are substituting your own pigment for the pigment 'DMFDarkOak'
(which is actually just a pigment, not a complete texture.) In other words, your
own pigment is 'over-riding' DMFDarkOak; your scene isn't using it at all. The
same is happening in your 'LowerOar' texture.

When using multiple pigments in a texture, the 'final' pigment is the one that's
used; any previous ones are NOT used, or are ignored. So a texture should have
only ONE pigment-- unless you want to use a pigment_map and maybe the 'average'
keyword, to actually blend several pigments togather. Like this, for example...

#declare UpperOar =
texture{
   pigment{
       average
       pigment_map{
              [1 DMFDarkOak]
              [1 color rgb < 0.3686275,  0.4509804,  0.2509804 >]
                  }
          } // end of overall pigment statement
   normal { wood 0.5 scale 0.3 turbulence 0.1 }
   finish { phong 1 }
   rotate< 90.0, 0.0, 0.0 >
   scale 0.25
}

This blends DMFDarkOak and your own color equally (because of the 1 and 1
'weights' of the two, in the pigment_map.) You could instead use 3 and 1 for the
respective weights (for example), which would blend '3 parts DMFDarkOak' to '1
part of your color'

There's also another problem in your scene, here:

#declare DMFDarkOak =
pigment {
    wood
    turbulence 0.04            // For best results,  keep this low!
    octaves 3
    scale <0.2, 0.2, 1>        // Scaled for a unit object
    color_map {
        [0.1 rgb <0.60, 0.30, 0.18>]
        [0.9 rgb <0.30, 0.15, 0.09>]
    }
}

Now you have re-#declared DMFDarkOak to be a different pigment entirely, for use
in your 'LowerOar' texture. But again, you are substituting your own pigment
in 'LowerOar' for this 'new' DMFDarkOak.

My suggestion would be to re-write 'UpperOar' and 'LowerOar, to use *either*
DMFDarkOak *or* your own pigment/color, but not both of those. Or use the
pigment_map trick, for a blend.