POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : New version screen.inc : Re: New version screen.inc Server Time
3 May 2024 12:49:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New version screen.inc
From: cbpypov
Date: 9 Nov 2017 12:35:05
Message: <web.5a049136b4b0059618cdc2e20@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > "cbpypov" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
>

> > 'Camera tracking' is very interesting to me; years ago, I modified Rune's
> > 'Illusion Inc' POV-Ray include file in order to match POV-Ray animation to video
> > (from my Sony camera). Unfortunately, the resulting animations (and the scene
> > files) are on a hard disk that failed-- which I hope to 'resurrect' at some
> > point.
> >

> I just remembered that I posted one of the animations to the newsgroups, years
> ago. (It was an old-style .AVI file, compressed using the 'Xvid'
> codec/compressor, so I don't know if will play on all machines.) Here's the
> link...

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.animations/thread/%3Cweb.52fd51fbee845476c2d977c20%40news.povray.org%3E/?ttop=
41
> 5656&toff=50

Hey Kenneth,

sorry for the delay! I now had the time to play back your video ... I was
surprised by the quality! Somehow it's stunning, taking into account that it is
made with mostly open source code and rather simple techniques.

I think there might be quite a number of code out there which could help you
with the tracking. At least any semi-professional video software nowadays has a
feature like that on board (you know, to stick text to the nose of someone or
similar things). Have you already taken such things into account? A quick look
at Google gave me this possibility in python:

    https://www.pyimagesearch.com/2015/09/14/ball-tracking-with-opencv/

But I am sure you'll find something in the language of your choice.

Still, I do not understand the role of screen.inc in this context :)