POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : problem using ORs and strcmp() in #switch/#case : Re: problem using ORs and strcmp() in #switch/#case Server Time
16 May 2024 15:18:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: problem using ORs and strcmp() in #switch/#case
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 8 Nov 2017 15:10:00
Message: <web.5a03639d1346e9e0c437ac910@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> I seem to remember that someone in the newsgroups mentioned running POV-Ray from
> a USB stick.(?) In modern computers, isn't it treated like 'just another hard
> drive'? (Sorry, I've never tried running apps that way, so I don't know.)

Quite possibly.  The problem, however, is that 90% of the time I can't even
install the printer drivers I need for work, or run the windows OS
troubleshooter for a device - because there seemed to be a need to password lock
everything.

So installing something to the registry seems to be the actual hurdle.
Unless there's a way where I don't need to modify the registry...