POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : New version screen.inc : Re: New version screen.inc Server Time
3 May 2024 12:49:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New version screen.inc
From: Kenneth
Date: 6 Nov 2017 16:55:00
Message: <web.5a00d917b4b0059689df8d30@news.povray.org>
"cbpypov" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> ... I hope this does not sound arrogant in any way (sometimes
> its difficult to weigh such fragile phrases in a language which is foreign to
> me; but at least it is not meant to sound arrogant in any way :) ) ... but it is
> maybe because I am a physicist that this seems somehow natural to me.

No need to worry; your command of English is quite good!

'Camera tracking' is very interesting to me; years ago, I modified Rune's
'Illusion Inc' POV-Ray include file in order to match POV-Ray animation to video
(from my Sony camera). Unfortunately, the resulting animations (and the scene
files) are on a hard disk that failed-- which I hope to 'resurrect' at some
point.

Last night, I came across an interesting BBC news item, about Microsoft's
experiments with real-time camera-tracking and 'augmented reality.' It's really
fascinating...

http://www.bbc.com/news/av/technology-41747005/inside-microsoft-s-new-mixed-reality-capture-studio