POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : New version screen.inc : Re: New version screen.inc Server Time
3 May 2024 20:50:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New version screen.inc
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 6 Nov 2017 16:15:00
Message: <web.5a00cfc6b4b00596c437ac910@news.povray.org>
jr <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> if the file is to be useful on platforms other than Windows, a file name
> without parentheses would be better, and the version number would
> presumably be specific to a given release date, so

True, I know the version AND date are redundant - I was just thinking about
looking through a directory, and having the date "float" the filename to the
top.   But I suppose if they're sorted by date anyway...

I was just ruminating, and figured people would format their revisions however
they wanted anyway.   The key point was to vary the filename so all the
different revisions were differentiable.