POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : How to avoid concentric rings with spot light on flat surface : Re: How to avoid concentric rings with spot light on flat surface Server Time
29 Apr 2024 20:50:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to avoid concentric rings with spot light on flat surface
From: cbpypov
Date: 6 Nov 2017 08:30:03
Message: <web.5a0062da3541f8ac80db62550@news.povray.org>
> Am 05.11.2017 um 23:36 schrieb clipka:
> > As a side note, the `+th` switch also enables dithering for the preview
> > window, but the algorithm used there may differ from the one used in
> > file output.
>
> Just noticed that I have to correct myself: Preview is always dithered.

Yes, I noticed that.

And I have to correct myself to: the dithering is fine, but when rendering the
MP4 the effect comes back again (to a limited extent, though). Moreover, it
ruins text rendering :( So this would enforce to render the text separately,
which I don't want to do. So obviously I have to find a different solution.
Maybe I'll just change the intro scene to not show the flat silicon...

See the attachment for a short example.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'phc_movie_midq.mp4.mpg' (3730 KB)