POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : New version screen.inc : Re: New version screen.inc Server Time
18 May 2024 01:27:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New version screen.inc
From: Kenneth
Date: 6 Nov 2017 06:40:00
Message: <web.5a004712b4b0059689df8d30@news.povray.org>
"cbpypov" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> Hey Kenneth! Somehow I do not exactly know what you are talking about :) With my
> small fixes SharkD's code works perfectly for me and it does just fine in
> keeping e.g. text fixed in front of the camera while moving it. But somehow, I
> do not see your point: (1) in a single POV-Ray render the camera is always
> static, right? (2) SharkD's code doesn't make _any_ assumption about the camera
> position, so how should it *know* where the camera is? Since it is agnostic, it
> _must_ work in an animation, too ... did I miss something?

Hmm; I think I'm beginning to see your point (and correct me if I'm wrong): An
animation with a moving camera is still just a series of discrete static images
strung together, each with its own 'static' camera position for that frame-- and
the code does work successfully on individual images with a 'static' camera
(which is the *only* camera position being rendered at the moment.) So the code
apparently doesn't need to know or even care about where the *camera* will be
for the next frame.

I need to take a closer look at your code and try it out; I didn't realize that
it's camera-agnostic.

Thanks for nudging me to think more clearly about this ;-)