POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : How to avoid concentric rings with spot light on flat surface : How to avoid concentric rings with spot light on flat surface Server Time
30 Apr 2024 03:47:56 EDT (-0400)
  How to avoid concentric rings with spot light on flat surface
From: cbpypov
Date: 5 Nov 2017 16:30:01
Message: <web.59ff821ccef2753b8248f19d0@news.povray.org>
I am rendering an introduction scene for my photonic crystal animation in which
spot lights shine on a planar surface. As seen in the attachment, there are
these concentric rings. They are even worse because of jpeg chromatic noise.

How can I avoid these rings? Normally (e.g. in Photoshop), I'd just add some
Gaussian noise to blur the interfaces of the color values (which is there due to
the small color gradient). But somehow I could not find out how to add such a
"pixel" noise to the texture (and maybe it would be computationally
expensive!?).

Thanks!

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download '20171103_scene01_001.jpg' (34 KB)

Preview of image '20171103_scene01_001.jpg'
20171103_scene01_001.jpg