POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : New version screen.inc : Re: New version screen.inc Server Time
14 May 2024 14:31:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New version screen.inc
From: cbpypov
Date: 5 Nov 2017 13:10:01
Message: <web.59ff536db4b005968248f19d0@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:

> Hands up for posting without validating. :-(

Sorry, I cannot really follow what you mean ... did I do something wrong? :(

> You are right. I imported a couple of the scenes into Bishop3D, to get a
> visual representation of the cameras.
> Adjusting the Up and Right Vectors of the orthogonal camera until the
> "look at" areas coincided. The angle I read back was 66.67. Substituting
> that into  minimal_ortho_screen.pov it was out by a factor of 2. an
> angle of 66.67/2 gave me a very similar image to minimal_perspective.pov
>

> I conclude that there is something not right with the way that
> screen_ortho.inc converts angle into the the other vectors.
>
> Finding what is beyond me.I would be still at it when the cows came home.

Glad we're talking about the same things now :) Cool that you can do such things
with Bishop3D! I may have a look at what it is capable of.

However, maybe it was not really beyond you. I just had a look at SharkD's code,
and (again without actually thinking very much) I just found two little bugs.
There was just a factor of 2 missing here and there :D It now works in gives
exactly the results without the screen.inc. Hope you like it :)

JUST A SHORT question beyond that... using the screen.inc camera setting method
it seems that I cannot rotate the camera anymore, but need to use the sky-vector
instead. How do I do this? :)

Thanks for your help.
Best,
Carlo