POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : New version screen.inc : Re: New version screen.inc Server Time
14 May 2024 07:25:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New version screen.inc
From: cbpypov
Date: 4 Nov 2017 17:50:00
Message: <web.59fe354ab4b00596663654620@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:

> Oops! I forgot the beginnings of this thread.
> That's what he said in the first post. But the third one with an
> attachment still says:
>
> > // You can only use screen.inc with the perspective camera. Screen.inc
> > // will automatically create the camera definition for you when it is
> > // included.

No need to remember it: it's there, online, you can read it again ;) But I think
you copied these lines from its screen.inc attachment. BUT, these lines are
there because SharkD copied them from the original screen.inc and frogot to
delete them :D Maybe it's me: but I am sure this thread would not be here if
SharkD did not have tried to get ortho-cam to work. Moreover, his
reimplementation of Set_Camera would not have a new `orth` parameter:

    #macro Set_Camera(Location, LookAt, Angle, Ortho)

Right?

So, ... we are a bit at cross-purposes, i think. I attached examples of a
minimal scene. minimal_perspective.pov uses the normal camera, and using
screen.inc (minimal_screen.pov) gives identical results. When setting the
ortho-cam in the traditional way, I get the expected result (minimal_ortho.pov).
However, when using SharkD's screen.inc and setting `ortho=on`), the result is
way different (minimal_ortho_screen.pov). I think this is not how it is supposed
to work, i.e. minimal_ortho.png and minimal_ortho_screen.png are supposed to be
identical, but they are not.

> There will be a tangent in there some way.
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angle_of_view#Derivation_of_the_angle-of-view_formula
>
> All those hard quantum sums, eh? ;-)

I see, it should be simple ;) I tried it, see minimal_ortho_fake.pov. But it is
still wrong :/

Does anyone see a fix for SharkD's approach? Or do you see where my mistake in
the fake version is?

Thanks :)

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: