POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : New version screen.inc : Re: New version screen.inc Server Time
14 May 2024 18:09:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New version screen.inc
From: cbpypov
Date: 4 Nov 2017 15:20:00
Message: <web.59fe12d3b4b00596663654620@news.povray.org>

> You are right. You can only use screen.inc with the perspective camera.
>

> Fake it. Move the camera further away and reduce the angle.
>

> --
>
> Regards
>      Stephen

Wasn't it just the objective of SharkD's file to actually make screen.inc
compatible with the orthographic camera? I.e. the issue of this thread?? A few
posts before some people state that it behaves as expected, but I can't seem to
get it to work.

It would be nice to have this feature, because I already have all the camera
positions of my animations and simply wanted to add a subtitle and some displays
in front of the camera. Due to the scientific background of the animation I'd
really prefer to have the orthographic cam.

Stephen, I tried your suggestion (without thinking, though) and just multiplied
the camera location vector by 10, and divided the angle by 10. It did not work
:) Is there a known mathematical way to fake the ortho-cam with my working
camera settings (i.e. a simple transformation that I can apply in the end)?

Thank you!