POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Example images for the related post: "Rendering an electromagnetic field an= : Re: Example images for the related post: "Rendering an electromagnetic fiel= Server Time
14 May 2024 04:28:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Example images for the related post: "Rendering an electromagnetic fiel=
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 30 Oct 2017 08:05:00
Message: <web.59f71507231a9fe3c437ac910@news.povray.org>
I'm with clipka - I think your code must be missing a ) or a } or an #end or
something.  It's always useful to stick a few #debug statements in to see what's
going on.

(I've thought a lot about tracking the "depth" of parts of scene code, and if a
global variable were defined, then every time one opens up a deeper level (#if,
#while, #for, #macro, etc) one increments that variable, then decrements it when
exiting, perhaps that would help narrow down WHERE a particular error was
occurring, and give a clue as to HOW it was being triggered.)

"cbpypov" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
New (especially foreign [for me in this case]) sayings are
> always great. How many chances do you have in a lifetime to use this one (my
> pleasure to give you one of these possibilities ;) )?

Well I was trying to remember the guy's name, and the first thing that popped
into my mind was Rumpelstiltskin - but that wasn't right.

It gets interesting when you check out Wikipedia:
"Rumpelstiltskin is a fairytale popularly associated with Germany (where he is
known as Rumpelstilzchen). The tale was one collected by the Brothers Grimm in
the 1812 edition of Children's and Household Tales. According to researchers at
Durham University and the Universidade Nova de Lisboa, the story originated
around 4,000 years ago.[1][2]"

> However, when it comes to reading the (comparatively unimportant) header info,
> not a single line slips through your eyes :D

Well, as Doctor Who fan, I'm especialy sensitive to these temporal anomalies. ;)

> Ah, I see: I've put the publication link in the header (which you've read
> thoroughly :) ). I had not seen this paper before, thank you for the hint.

Well, for a further coincidence, the LED light in my bedroom must be a photonic
crystal, because when I went to turn it on this morning, the globe was filled
with water (we're having a storm) - it looks like it's operating in "leaky mode"

:D

> Best, Carlo

Thanks  :)