POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : hexagon pattern + pigment pattern : hexagon pattern + pigment pattern Server Time
26 Apr 2024 03:25:10 EDT (-0400)
  hexagon pattern + pigment pattern
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 27 Oct 2017 21:05:00
Message: <web.59f3d757c07af5475cafe28e0@news.povray.org>
I was trying to create a cylindrical pigment pattern with a color map, and use
that inside of a hexagon pigment pattern.

Does the center of the cylindrical pattern not start at the center of each
hexagon?
This seems like odd and unexpected behaviour to me.

But it's late and it was a long day, so maybe I'm botching something that's
otherwise simple.

#version 3.71;

global_settings {
 assumed_gamma 1.0
}

#declare Aspect = image_width/image_height;
camera {
 location <0, 5, -5>
 right x*Aspect
 look_at <0, 0, 0>