POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Example images for the related post: "Rendering an electromagnetic field an= : Re: Example images for the related post: "Rendering an electromagnetic fiel= Server Time
26 Jun 2024 03:20:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Example images for the related post: "Rendering an electromagnetic fiel=
From: cbpypov
Date: 27 Oct 2017 16:50:01
Message: <web.59f39b43231a9fe3306cf3e40@news.povray.org>
> Oh, and I found a link to an Angewandte Chemie cover done with POV-Ray that uses
> code to make a spring:
>
> http://www.somewhereville.com/?cat=1136
>
> :)

Hey, the spiral thing is really nice. I played around with it, the the result
attached (I added a sin() in the x-displacment of the spheres). But it is
getting rather confusing now :) Maybe I'll stick to the glowing...

Important: could you please post the code you used for the emitters that you
used? I still have the overlap problem, although I set absorption to 0. Since it
is working for you, it will be nice to have the code. Maybe this can also be
applied to field overlap problem...

Where could I integrate a transmittance in the code that uses 3 different media
for RGB (based in Stephen's snippet)? Should there be some kind of colormap?

An new question: how can I achieve a "corner rounding" for the hole? I tried to
subtract an hourglass-like `sor`, but without success :(

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'phc_and_excitation_enhancement.png' (453 KB)

Preview of image 'phc_and_excitation_enhancement.png'
phc_and_excitation_enhancement.png