POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Example images for the related post: "Rendering an electromagnetic field an= : Re: Example images for the related post: "Rendering an electromagnetic fiel= Server Time
26 Jun 2024 03:23:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Example images for the related post: "Rendering an electromagnetic fiel=
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 27 Oct 2017 15:10:00
Message: <web.59f38477231a9fe3c437ac910@news.povray.org>
"cbpypov" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> But still a problem is that the "black" parts of the color map are not
> transparent (maybe because the density is not exactly 0.0?). So there is a kind
> of "box" still visible, which destroys the complete image. See the attachment.
> Help! :)

Maybe there needs to be a t in one of your rgb statements?
I'll have to look at it when I get back home.

> For the emitter thing: yes that "standard lambda-photon-sine-wave thing" would
> really be a great thing to have ... er ... how do I do that? :)

plot spheres:
http://www.f-lohmueller.de/pov_tut/calc/math_500e.htm
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3Cweb.5926c5ddec053131c437ac910%40news.povray.org%3E/
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3Cweb.58b813187922eedfc437ac910%40news.povray.org%3E/
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3Cweb.5781842fa68f756e5e7df57c0@news.povray.org%3E/

Use a sphere sweep
http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/3.7.1/63/
(instead of points, do a loop with a function evaluating the sine of current
counter value)

parametric isosurface using spline
http://www.econym.demon.co.uk/isotut/more.htm
http://www.econym.demon.co.uk/isotut/splines.htm

I'm sure there may be other clever ways, but fast and simple is usually best.

If you want arrowheads, just define a vector by subtracting the penultimate
sphere from the last sphere to give you a direction, and then start a cone{} at
the last sphere and end at a multiple of that vector.
[That ought to be the correct way to do it...]
Though the arrow out to be pointing straight out...