POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rendering an electromagnetic field and photon rays : Re: Rendering an electromagnetic field and photon rays Server Time
24 Apr 2024 23:41:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rendering an electromagnetic field and photon rays
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 25 Oct 2017 14:20:01
Message: <web.59f0d5c59b56bbddc437ac910@news.povray.org>
"cbpypov" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> Thank you very much for your quick reply! It really guides me into the right
> direction. However, I would really appreciate if someone could elaborate on HOW
> to actually do it...

> Maybe it is me, but I cannot find a single line of POV-ray
> code on Paul Nylander's page!? There are very similar things to what I am trying
> to do, but where is the code?

You probably just read right past it.
There are plenty of links like: "Click here to download some POV-Ray code"
Just [CTRL][F] and search for POV - they'll pop up.

No code, but about 3/4 of the way down on
http://www.bugman123.com/Physics/index.html
is an atomic orbital df3.
Maybe you could email Paul and ask him for [partial] source code, but I think
plenty of people here ought to be able to show you how to write a DF3, and
implement it in a scene.
Also, check the drop-down insert menu, and example scene file directories
supplied with your POV-Ray distribution.

I'm at work now and have to deal with a [brand new] flat tire tonight, but maybe
I can didg something up for you at home if people don't chime in before then.

> The df3 format sounds nice, but right now I could not find out how to generate
> it except for dealing with the specifics manually (the data is in available in
> python right now).

There's a way - I've just never used it.   Search for POV-Ray df3 and maybe you
can find something on the web or a forum post.  Or clipka will jump in soon....

> Moreover, I'd really enjoy getting your code and to see what can do with it :)

I'll try to get it posted for you tonight.