POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : <no subject> : Re: <no subject> Server Time
28 Apr 2024 18:28:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: <no subject>
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 25 Oct 2017 12:45:01
Message: <web.59f0be8e6f92e856c437ac910@news.povray.org>

> Me too, but I must agree with Ive here. I would also add (sorry for
> this) that the object texture is misleading: it looks like a 3D surface,
> curved towards the viewer, while it is flat in reality. It took me a
> while before I understood what I was looking at.
>
> --
> Thomas

It's not really textured - I have it lit with 4 lights - white, magenta, yellow,
and blue.

It IS 3D - just not concave or convex, since the z components are all zero, and
that winds up giving a polynomial object that is infinitely scaled in the
z-direction.  So I intersected it with a thin box.

But I take your meaning.
This leads into a topic about the Documentation that I will post in a fresh
thread.

No need for apologies:  it's constructive, and honest feedback about how the
render comes out.