POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : <no subject> : Re: <no subject> Server Time
28 Apr 2024 19:39:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: <no subject>
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 25 Oct 2017 12:40:00
Message: <web.59f0bd956f92e856c437ac910@news.povray.org>
Ive <ive### [at] lilysoftorg> wrote:

> Please do not use this 3d-look text (that even throws shadows) with this
> image. Besides that it IMHO does not look good it is more importantly
> very hard to read.

I usually use pretty flat, functional text, and I did think about the look and
readability.  I didn't think it looked TOO bad, but perhaps for a wikipedia
page, it out to be a little less artistic.

> And personally - e.g. on a wiki-page - I hate text information where
> copy and paste doesn't work ;)

Perhaps I can add the text info as plain text or formatted text or MathJax, but
I wanted to have the info in the graphic too - for inseparability purposes.
Along those lines, I wouldn't mind embedding the full POV-Ray scene used to
generate the graphic in the metadata header section of the file - I just have to
puzzle out _exactly_ how.

Thanks for the constructive feedback!