POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Does POV-Ray's gamma-adjustment info need updating? : Re: Does POV-Ray's gamma-adjustment info need updating? Server Time
8 May 2024 13:27:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Does POV-Ray's gamma-adjustment info need updating?
From: Kenneth
Date: 25 Oct 2017 12:35:01
Message: <web.59f0bcb842a9f98689df8d30@news.povray.org>
Ive <ive### [at] lilysoftorg> wrote:

> IC is not related to POV-Ray in any way and it is not a 'target app' for
> anything.

Sorry for the bad choice of words; what I meant was, I suspected that the
'sphere' gamma-test scene was made *using* IC, with its correct interpretation
of PNG gamma (as opposed to the plethora of apps that are wonky in that
respect.) Discovering that those many apps fail such a test-- with the exception
of Firefox-- was a surprise!

> Which reminds me that I'm using a much improved version of IC by myself
> and really should make it available for download - but as I did already
> point out somewhere else: I'm lazy!
> But I did post a test-pattern for you to p.b.i.

Yes indeed; VERY useful, and takes much of the guesswork out of the dreaded
'gamma Hydra beast'  ;-)