POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : city buildings-- WIP 2 : Re: city buildings-- WIP 2 Server Time
5 May 2024 18:16:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: city buildings-- WIP 2
From: architype
Date: 21 Oct 2017 11:45:03
Message: <web.59eb6aca54c85aaca73e98660@news.povray.org>

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/da1391475d2934cc59c6d3d4de5de6f9/EVERDIGM-KH-310

> > /Arch
>
> Hmmmm, I actually had to make a spec with a def of what we
> want to build. :S
> Ok, blue is the core, the building block param. Red mark
> the stairs and green marks the stopgap pieces needed to
> make the scaffold turn out "even". Ie the macro takes the
> core rectangle as a starting point, and divides it into a
> bunch of 4 meter sections and the odd stoppgap piece.
>
> Note that the scaffold is _not_ intended to be accurate, it
> is mainly intended for medium and distant views. Its main
> reason for existance is that it is "cheap" to make, at the
> expense of a few seconds parse time.
>
> If we want to place detailed scaffolding in the foreground,
> which might be very nice, we can simply use the large
> number of models in 3dwarehouse:

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/search.html?backendClass=both&q=scaffolding&backendClass=both

Ok, it should work now.
The .inc files that renders have the same names as the images in the .zip.
Now it is time for the mandatory adapter heated pizza slices... :p
/Arch

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'testfilefix002.zip' (3606 KB)