POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POVRAY memory usage : Re: POVRAY memory usage Server Time
26 Apr 2024 16:11:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVRAY memory usage
From: Max
Date: 16 Oct 2017 19:20:00
Message: <web.59e53e11da2c02574259753d0@news.povray.org>
Alain <kua### [at] videotronca> wrote:
> Le 17-10-13 à 20:11, Max a écrit :

Thank you! Very helpful. I went with allocating many spheres.

Next question: how likely is someone to do such a thing in a real rendering? Are
there real renderings that need large numbers of objects allocated?

I'm looking for the largest memory using 'real' rendering. Any ideas?

Would povray be able to do more if memory were along the lines of 32GB or larger
for the average user?

Thanks,

Max