POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : More materials based on proximity patterns : More materials based on proximity patterns Server Time
29 Apr 2024 03:05:39 EDT (-0400)
  More materials based on proximity patterns
From: Norbert Kern
Date: 3 Oct 2017 09:15:01
Message: <web.59d38d1358cfc649f2ea585a0@news.povray.org>
Recent posts here renewed my interest in proximity patterns.

After trying some methods, the best (in this setup) was that from ABX / Michael
Andrews (Death of a Cliche ...
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.scene-files/attachment/%3C3CC3D3E5.38B9F487@reading.ac.uk%3E/).

Some others are good in other situations (e.g. Samuel T. Benge
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/message/%3Cweb.4ed596b125fc27e89341ac0a0%40news.povray.org%3E/#%3Cweb.4ed
596b125fc27e89341ac0a0%40news.povray.org%3E
or Jim Charter  Ruined
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/message/%3C46808234%40news.povray.org%3E/#%3C46808234%40news.povray.org%3
E)
- of course I didn't forget mesh camera of JVP or the DF3 method of Edouard.

Here I used Rune's Illusion code with a pregenerated "proximity map".

A file with more than 20 "prox mats" will be published after some cleanup.

Norbert

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'proximity mats.jpg' (695 KB)