POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Proximity Pattern testing : Re: Proximity Pattern testing Server Time
26 Jun 2024 04:19:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Proximity Pattern testing
From: Mr
Date: 29 Sep 2017 04:50:00
Message: <web.59ce083b8123094216086ed00@news.povray.org>
> On 27-9-2017 9:46, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> >>>

> >> ... and here is the latest version; using the Norbert Kern / James
> >> Holsenback brass texture for the clothing.
> >>

> > Well, should have attached the image :-)
> >

> ... of course, this texture demands a light probe ;-)
>
> --
> Thomas

Hi, it looks like a good basis, but reflections appear slightly too strong/
crisp/ homogenous:

Here are three workarounds maybe some already used:
*roughness in uberpov reflection block
*use conserve_energy / albedo + fresnel in reflection block with an explicit ior
*use the proximity pattern as a texture map for the "finish map" trick
(http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/3.6.2/82/) to modulate reflections and
make less of them where metal is corroded/oxidized