POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : POV-Ray v3.8.0-alpha.9322209 : Re: POV-Ray v3.8.0-alpha.9322209 Server Time
30 Apr 2024 22:37:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray v3.8.0-alpha.9322209
From: Kenneth
Date: 27 Sep 2017 02:15:00
Message: <web.59cb409dd1757457883fb31c0@news.povray.org>
"omniverse" <omn### [at] charternet> wrote:

> Attention please!
[snip]
> The file open/save (as) caused Windows 10 to force a close of the program. Acts
> like it isn't able to determine the correct folder/file location to use.
>
> And unfortunately, for me, uninstalling all versions and reinstalling 3.7.0
> again has yet to fix the problem.

Sorry to hear that you're having such troubles. I guess you've already tried
shutting down the machine and restarting? That seems to help somewhat with
strange glitches, at least on my Win7 box. Sounds like a registry problem (if
Win10 even has a registry now!)

The only problem I've ever seen with POV-Ray (in my own similar alpha/beta
install screwups) is a mis-loaded 'resolution INI' file; but that was easily
fixed.