POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Proximity Pattern testing : Re: Proximity Pattern testing Server Time
9 Jun 2024 21:18:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Proximity Pattern testing
From: Kenneth
Date: 25 Sep 2017 06:55:00
Message: <web.59c8e00881230942883fb31c0@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> On 23/09/2017 14:39, Kenneth wrote:
>
> > But here's a really interesting feature (the most important one, IMO):
> > Although the illusion.inc 'camera position' is supposed to match the
> > scene's real camera-- for the best undistorted image reproduction--
> > the scene camera CAN be moved around (somewhat, within limits.) I've
> > used this for some really cool animations; the visual result is like
> > a 3-D 'matte painting'.
> >

> Examples, please. :-)
> Flaunt it. :-)

Unfortunately, those animations (and LOTS of my older POV-ray files and such)
are on a backup hard-drive that failed(!). HOPEFULLY it's just the motor or
drive electronics. I hope to resurrect those files at some point, even if I have
to pay one of those 'forensic' companies to extract the data. Not cheap though,
ouch.