POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Calling the Doctor - nighttime - 16:9 : Re: Calling the Doctor - nighttime - 16:9 Server Time
2 Jun 2024 08:37:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Calling the Doctor - nighttime - 16:9
From: Kenneth
Date: 23 Sep 2017 08:05:00
Message: <web.59c64ca9f158f762883fb31c0@news.povray.org>
> On 23-9-2017 10:58, clipka wrote:

> > And yes, POV-Ray should be able to do it.

> Aha! That is an interesting notion... :-) So mie haze or mie murky
> should do the trick. Something to look into...

Yes indeed! I didn't realize that POV-Ray had that blurring effect already
available.

Although...I've's beautiful scene here is already using one or both of those
scattering types (I assume), yet it's hard to tell if there is actual blurring
around the streetlights. Perhaps the haze isn't 'thick' enough (or else the
effect is very subtle, in his particular set-up.) The only way to be sure is to
do some experimenting! :-)

Thanks, Clipka.