POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Calling the Doctor - nighttime - 16:9 : Re: Calling the Doctor - nighttime - 16:9 Server Time
6 May 2024 05:05:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Calling the Doctor - nighttime - 16:9
From: omniverse
Date: 19 Sep 2017 12:15:00
Message: <web.59c1426ef158f7629c5d6c810@news.povray.org>
Ive <ive### [at] lilysoftorg> wrote:
> ...as promised, here is a nighttime version. As it turns out, it looks
> to my own surprise more like dusk or dawn but I'm ok with that.
I would say that was worth the wait! The daytime picture was moody already but
for me this one really gives it the right feel.

I tried finding a photo I was lucky to get a while ago of a replica Tardis/phone
box when some people were wheeling one into a hotel near me last year, or the
year before. Couldn't locate it.

Occurred to me the signal light on top might not have been white in the series,
but I didn't find anything I was able to determine whether it was really blue or
not. There are pictures showing it as yellow-white, white, blue-white and blue.

And while I was looking, I thought about how the light might have only been on
or flashing while the Tardis was on the move through time. Again, I didn't find
anything to say one way of another.

Did see this image showing actual police box design and the Doctor Who designs:

http://merricks-tardis-build.blogspot.com/2011_01_01_archive.html

I would guess yours is most like the real thing, judging from that.