POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Whats Next : Re: Whats Next Server Time
14 May 2024 21:15:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Whats Next
From: omniverse
Date: 31 Aug 2017 22:45:00
Message: <web.59a8c9a3dbb94ed9c5d6c810@news.povray.org>
Jim Holsenback <spa### [at] nothanksnet> wrote:
> On 8/20/2017 7:38 AM, Jim Holsenback wrote:
> > well i'm struggling with the marble / subsurface
>
> finally made some progress with that ...

Sure did. I was wondering if those red hot pixels from before might be purely a
side effect of SSS or if somehow caused by a small amount of reflection in the
texture or external object (floor).
Apparently I never asked about it before, and I can't see any reflection in
either of the marble texture renders.

Not that the other marble looked too transparent to me, like what do I know of
marble in all its possible appearances, but I can see how this one has more
solidness or perceivable larger size compared to that.

Bob