POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : city buildings-- WIP 2 : Re: city buildings-- WIP 2 Server Time
18 May 2024 00:02:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: city buildings-- WIP 2
From: Kenneth
Date: 19 Aug 2017 19:50:01
Message: <web.5998cc9454c85aac883fb31c0@news.povray.org>
Sven Littkowski <I### [at] SvenLittkowskiname> wrote:

> NIIICCEEEE. But dead, too.

Thanks. And I agree; it needs some 'city life' of some kind (not necessarily
tiny people.) Some automobile traffic is my first thought (probably just 'Yellow
Cabs' to start-- those constitute the main traffic in New York City, BY FAR.
Only the most stout-hearted people drive their own cars there!) My own concept
of this city is basically a NYC-type place: congested, busy, kind of old, and
not much greenery at all (except for Central Park there).

> Add also randomly various shop types to the bottom of the
> buildings, some or many with fluorescent neon light.

Adding 'ground floors' to the buildings is definitely on my list. The neon-light
marquees are a good idea as well; I hadn't thought of that. Although, for a
night-time scene-- to show such lighting effects-- I think I would need to
change quite a bit of my scene code; I didn't design the scene with that in
mind. But it's not impossible! ;-) I *would* like to see the city lit-up at
night. (The last time I was in NYC, I took some night-time photos out of my
upper-floor hotel window, of the surrounding skyscraper buildings. They look
really magical.)