POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Thoughts and questions : Re: Thoughts and questions Server Time
26 Apr 2024 16:19:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Thoughts and questions
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 18 Aug 2017 07:55:01
Message: <web.5996d563f6e87b3ac437ac910@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> "omniverse" <omn### [at] charternet> wrote:
> > "Kenneth" <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>
> > > That looks interesting-- a version of POV-Ray with built-in mesh subdivision.
> > > [snip] I might get curious and
> > > try it out in some version of v3.7xx... to see what happens... ;-)
> >
> > Well, me too. Tried and failed, with both 3.7 and 3.6.
> >

> Too bad. Sounds like it turned into a thankless task. I appreciate your effort;
> it saved me from 'going down the rabbit hole' likewise.

Well, I brought it up because it looked interesting.
It's sad that neither of you could get it to work.
Maybe someone could compile it fresh from the supplied source code, or contact
the author - he might welcome the renewed interest.

I also came across:
http://news.povray.org/povray.unofficial.patches/thread/%3CXns900D79CAEseed7@povray.org%3E/

it would be nice if there were a lot more documentation of this kind of work so
that it could be developed into something that was robust enough in order to
make it into an official version.