POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : city buildings-- WIP 2 : Re: city buildings-- WIP 2 Server Time
29 Jun 2024 04:02:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: city buildings-- WIP 2
From: Kenneth
Date: 8 Aug 2017 21:35:02
Message: <web.598a659b54c85aac883fb31c0@news.povray.org>
Another view. No fog this time, but with radiosity (using the defaults, with
brightness .6. I haven't yet worked out the best rad settings for this kind of
scene... OR for an animated moving-camera version, which is even more
demanding.)

No new changes yet, just more buildings (2500 for this render.) And I'm up to 19
different window/facade image_maps now (and their respective window-reflection
'hold-out' mattes.)

The random heights of the buildings-- the number of stories (storeys?)-- is
controlled with this...

         ceil(2 + 40*pow(rand(PP),4))

.... so there are a minimum of 3 (because of the way rand works-- it never goes
to 0.0) and a max of 42, I think. I added the exponent to reduce the number of
really tall buildings... which actually wipes out many of the mid-size scales as
well. But it's fun to play around with.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'city buildings wip 2e.png' (2051 KB)

Preview of image 'city buildings wip 2e.png'
city buildings wip 2e.png