POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : city buildings-- WIP 2 : Re: city buildings-- WIP 2 Server Time
28 May 2024 23:25:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: city buildings-- WIP 2
From: Kenneth
Date: 7 Aug 2017 15:50:01
Message: <web.5988c2bc54c85aac883fb31c0@news.povray.org>
Alain <kua### [at] videotronca> wrote:

> > I'm not yet sure what to do about the partial rooftops of the fatter
> > sections, though-- what 'junk' to place there, if anything.
> >

> Usually, there is nothing of note on those parts. It can be asphalt and
> gravel (dark grey), plain concrete (medium grey) or metal : galvanized
> iron sheet or copper (vert de gris). In the later cases, use appropriate
> metal with a dull finish.

Thanks; those sound like easier solutions anyway, and would look good. :-)

Some of the buildings themselves need 'metal' for the structural edges of the
faces, rather than just colored 'concrete.' Like brushed aluminum or stainless
steel, or even chrome. Originally, I had not planned on doing that, but it's
very apparent in photos of real city buildings-- modern buildings in particular.
(An *older* example would be the famous Chrysler Building in NYC.)